Malware Resistance Assessment
We all have heard of a "Vulnerability Assessment" or a "Network Security Assessment", but what's about a "Malwares Resistance Assessment”?
Well, it came to my mind this morning while talking to one of my customers about hardening their machines to be more "resistant" to malware infections.
It’s not clear if there is any kind of a standard to follow when we need to measure the “resistance level” of our network against malwares, but based on my knowledge and experience, I’d like to craft an essential checklist of questions to answer them by yourself:
1) Do you have the latest version of the current antivirus which is running on your system?
2) Is the antivirus capable to detect known malwares, rootkits, zer0-day exploits using a proactive technique?
3) Is the antivirus capable to detect unknown malwares, rootkits, zer0-day exploits using a proactive technique?
4) Do you have a patch-management strategy to fix operating systems and third-party applications vulnerabilities?
5) Do you have an Internet content filtering solution to block access to websites that host malicious codes?
Continue Reading ...