Old file virus?
I am looking for a standard file virus, you remember the type that propagate itself by infecting other files and so on.
Now for the hard part, i have some requirements:
1. It must NOT crash or corrupt the system, like prevent it from rebooting, i do not want to reinstall each time i run it.
2. It must NOT require a network connection, the testing environment will be totally isolated from networks.
3. It must NOT crash any debugger tools.
4. It must NOT lock files while running.
5. It must NOT alter any ACL on NTFS partitions (Did any virus even bother to do this?)
And...it would be great if it works in Windows XP and newer systems (Ok, i still have Win95/Win98 cd somewhere in an emergency).
If anyone has any to recommend for my research project, i would appreciate it since i have supressed all information i had in my head about file viruses.
Thanks in advance,